Sunday, April 27, 2014

Color Schemes

This weekend, I was invited to a friend's cabin in the Jemez Mountains for a girls sewing weekend! I spent a day and a half playing around with my hand dyed fabrics, starting a couple of quilts. The first one uses an analogous color scheme with reds, purples, blues, and a touch of green. I was playing around with triangle shapes in two different sizes. After the piece was put together, I decided it must be pines in the Jemez.

 
The next set of blocks I am working on uses a complimentary color scheme of blues and oranges.  I have been working with a house theme lately, and so decided to make a bunch of funky little houses. I have made about 20 houses so far, and have them up on my design wall trying to figure out how I want to put them together. All of these fabrics started off as white, and I have used several different dyeing techniques to get the patterns and colors you see here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment